Specialty Insurance


We can offer coverage solutions for even the “special” insurance
needs in your life:

  • Family Boaters
  • Personal Watercraft
  • Mobile Home
  • Motor Home
  • Motorcycle
  • Travel Trailer
  • Specialty Dwelling
  • Off-Road Vehicle

Boat Coverage

Do you have enough coverage for the family boat?

Do you own a:

  • Bass boat
  • Cabin cruiser
  • Catamaran
  • Day Sailer
  • Fishing boat
  • Sailboat
  • Pontoon boat
  • Runabout

Or do you have something smaller and faster, such as a Jet Ski®, Wave Runner® or Sea Doo®?

Coverage under your homeowner’s policy is generally limited and insufficient to meet a potential loss or liability you may experience during the boating season.

We have plans that can provide INCREASED COVERAGE, and we would be happy to review your options with you.

Make sure your summer boating fun isn’t spoiled by an unexpected loss!

We represent a major specialty insurance carrier that can meet all of your boat insurance needs!

Flood Insurance

Flooding is a national problem…

In 1968, Congress created the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). This was needed because of the sharply rising costs of emergency relief to property owners after a flood. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) manages the NFIP, and works with almost 20,000 communities across the country to enforce floodplain management ordinances.

Millions of homeowners now have valuable protection against a flood loss. It is available to every resident of communities that participate in the NFIP, regardless of whether the structure is located in a mapped flood plain. Flood insurance can be purchased through us or the NFIP directly. There is a 30-day waiting period before coverage under a new policy takes effect.

Please let us know if you would like to discuss this often overlooked coverage.



Earthquake Insurance

Create a Risk Map for your area

California Earthquake Authority

California Dept of Insurance


Earthquake Maps

(Courtesy USGS)

Q: How do I decide whether or not to get earthquake insurance?

A: You should consider the following factors when deciding whether or not to get earthquake insurance:

  • proximity to active earthquake faults
  • seismic history of the region (frequency of earthquake time since last earthquake
  • building construction (type of building. and foundation
  • architectural layout materials used)
  • quality of workmanship
  • extent to which earthquake resistance was considered by the designer
  • local site conditions (type and condition of soil)
  • slope of the land
  • fill material
  • geologic structure of the earth beneath
  • value of the building and its contents
  • cost of the insurance and restrictions on coverage
    (i.e. the deductible).

California Earthquake Authority (CEA)

(Courtesy the CEA)

The CEA was formed to provide earthquake insurance to residential property owners including homeowners, individual condominium unit owners, mobile homeowners, and renters.

Your dwelling must be covered according to the CEA policy guidelines; however, other structures such as outbuildings, swimming pools, and masonry fences are specifically excluded (as is the case with the majority of earthquake policies).

You cannot purchase earthquake coverage directly from the CEA. The CEA does not offer stand-alone earthquake policies. Only licensed California insurers who are CEA member companies can sell CEA policies. You must have a residential property policy in-force or be purchasing a new residential property policy from a CEA member insurer in order to be offered a CEA policy.

Windstorm Insurance

The National Weather Service classifies tropical storms as low pressure systems forming over tropical areas, with winds of a minimum of 40 mph. Hurricanes are classified by using the Saffir/Simpson intensity scale which measures atmospheric pressure in terms of millibars (mb) or inches of mercury, along with wind speeds, storm surge and damage:

The Saffir/Simpson Classification System Hurricanes

Category Wind Speeds Pressures Storm Surge Damage
1 74-95 mph Greater than 980mb 4-5 ft. Light
2 96-110 mph 965-979 mb 6-8 ft. Moderate
3 111-130 mph 945-964 mb 9-12 ft. Extensive
4 131-155 mph 920-944 mb 13-18 ft. Extreme
5 More than 155 mph Less than 920 mb Greater than 18 ft. Catastrophic

The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association

TWIA’s purpose is to provide Texas citizens adequate wind and hail coverage when it is not available in the insurance
marketplace; and pay insured’s claims when losses occur.

The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association is a ‘pool’ of all property and casualty (P&C) insurance companies authorized to write coverage in Texas.

How do I secure coverage through Texas Windstorm Insurance Association?

An application for windstorm and hail coverage through Texas Windstorm Insurance Association must be submitted by a licensed property and casualty agent. The application must be on forms prescribed by the Association, and include premium payment and a current photograph (taken within the past 90 days) of each building item and each building containing property to be insured.

Comments are closed